We’ve become a very mobile culture. Education, jobs, adventure, marriage – there are a lot of things that call us away from home in ways that were unprecedented even a generation ago.
I’m like a lot of people in that I’ve moved around a lot, especially in the past few years. For instance, I’ve moved 11 times since fall of 1993. Last night, for some reason, I got to thinking about how many different places I’ve lived total in my life, so I counted them all up. Wow. And this doesn’t even account for the times I moved back into the family home through the years – I’ve had multiple tours at 3870 Eastview Dr.
So here’s the list:
- 4945 Reid Rd., WSNC
- Thomasville Rd., WSNC (near current I-40 interchange)
- 3870 Eastview Dr., WSNC
- 4th Floor Taylor, Wake Forest University, WSNC
- 1st Floor Davis, Wake Forest University, WSNC
- 3rd Floor Theta Chi House, Wake Forest University, WSNC
- 2nd Floor Theta Chi House, Wake Forest University, WSNC
- Apartment, Polo Rd. at Rosedale Circle, WSNC
- Apartment, Fairlawn Dr., WSNC
- Euclid and Endsley, WSNC
- Springhouse Apartments, University Pkwy.,WSNC
- Van Hoy Ave., WSNC
- S. Washington St. Ames IA
- High Ave., Ames IA
- 715 Watson Ave., WSNC
- Apartment, Colorado and Foothills, Boulder CO
- Darley Ave., Boulder CO
- Apartment, S. Washington St. Denver CO
- Apartment, 11th and Pearl St., Denver CO
- Apartment, Lowry, Denver CO
- Apartment, Corona St., Denver CO
- Harbor Point Apartments, Dorchester MA
- Apartment, 10th and Sherman, Denver CO
- Townhouse (1st home owned), Jersey St., Denver CO
- Four Mile Rd., Allegany NY
- Brantley St., WSNC
So, how about you?
And is this typical? What does all this mobility mean, I wonder….